I think 7 fits in best before the prequels, so I’d watch it here if this was my first viewing. At this point, I’d consider the prequels to be kind of like the “special features” section of the Star Wars universe. To be fair to the prequels, I would say that we fans of the originals hate them because they were made for kids, not for those refer to this page of us who were kids in the 70s and 80s. All the kids who were experiencing the franchise for the first time with the prequels loved them. The prequels often don’t line up with the original saga’s story.
The events of The Last Jedi lead into The Rise of Skywalker. To make sure you know exactly what’s going on with Rey, Kylo Ren, Finn, Poe, and the rest of the gang, you’ll need to make sure you spend your 2 hours and 32 minutes watching The Last Jedi. This one benefits deeeeply from all the nostalgia and goodwill that the rest have built up. You can feel the 38 years of history that fit right into that moment. More than just about any other series this side of James Bond, the Star Wars movies know how to play into the feels that some fans have been feeling for 40+ years, and that countless others have been feeling for their whole lives.
Duffer Brothers, Spielbergs Amblin Working On the Talisman Series Adaptation
There’s the escape from Jabba’s palace , the speeder bike chase on Endor, and the redemption of Darth Vader. Even the Ewoks, hated as they are, were pretty popular at the time the movie was released and are iconic in their own right. So despite its flaws, Return of the Jedi makes for a satisfying conclusion to the original trilogy. This is actually the perfect order to watch the films. I watched the films in this order for the first time, and I have no regrets.
- Because people had very high expectations for the game based on the studio and promising looking trailers in the lead up to the game’s release, but it ended up being really, really mediocre.
- The prequels often don’t line up with the original saga’s story.
- To fix iPhone app crashes, try these six tips, in this order.
- You’ll likely get some backlash from the die-hard fans in your life, but it probably won’t change your viewing experience much if you’ve seenThe Force AwakensandThe Last Jedi.
- For those who want the gist of the prequels without the gristle, fans have provided a watchable alternative called The Phantom Edit, which removes many of the annoying features while preserving and actually enhancing the original story.
—Prequels are movies made after an original movie but take place before that original movie. So the trilogy of The Phantom Menace, Attack of the Clones, and Revenge of the Sith are prequels to the original three movies. Another benefit is the fact that you can publish more than one short prequel story.
Pause And Restart The App Download
There are definitely more theatrical features to come, but Luke, Leia and Anakin’s story ends here. Thanks to the prequels and various animated series, the original Star Wars now lands way past the saga’s midpoint. Even though it was released almost 40 years ago, there are images, musical swells, and skirmishes that leave us breathless. But for now, let’s concentrate on that sweet, sweet womp rat sandwich in the middle. If you want to get intoStar Wars, just check out our rundown of how to watch the Star Wars movies in order, as well as the assorted TV shows. And just know we’ll expanding this list more than the Death Star after Luke shot a torpedo down its ventilation shaft.